Monday, May 14, 2012

Anxiety

I went to both services yesterday... and wouldn't you know it - barely had any anxiety.  Jesus must be working overtime on that little request.  ha!  It was nice to be able to enjoy a service - really get to listen and pay attention without having to stop and focus on my breathing.  I can't tell you how long it's been since I've been in that building without a sense of panic, chest pains and shortness of breath.  So that's a good thing.

Yesterday morning was a struggle to get out of bed though.  For months, Sunday has been my day just to sleep.  Sometimes that's all I did.  Getting up at all was a struggle.  I was late to church, but i was there.  Another hindrance for me was the fact that it was Mother's Day.  And of course... the message was about mothers, Godly mothers, the Proverbs 31 kind of mothers.  *sigh*

But Sunday night was about repentance.  And boy did I ever feel caught in the cross-hairs of that message.  He was preaching right down my isle, across my pew and stepping all over my toes.  It was actually a good feeling.  Conviction - It's kind of weird to say it this way, but I've missed feeling convicted about anything.  I've let so many things go.  I've done so many things that I thought I would never do.  It's definitely time to come home.

No comments: