Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Puppies

I watch my puppies playing tonight and I wonder if God sits in heaven with that much delight.  I don't have children, so I cannot successfully make that analogy, but the love I have for these little creatures... 

I watch them as they play with each other.  I watch their curiosity of new things and unexplored nooks and crannies in the house.  I see that they like to poop wherever they take a notion to and pee wherever it is they are standing when it hits them.  I come home to shoes being chewed, toilet paper having been shredded, and the puppy pad (the attempt at potty training) crinkled up in the corner.  I also come home to three tails waging, over-excited hopping around and tons of welcome home kisses.  

So I wonder if that is sort of like our relationship with God.  Does he sit at the edge of heaven, like I do the edge of my bed, and watch His children play?  Does He watch us explore new things and giggle at our curiosity?  When we daily make a mess of our lives does He get that same "what am I gonna do with them" kind of feeling?  Does He quickly forgive knowing that we just don't know any better?  And how much are we like these three little tail-waggers?  When the presence of God enters the room, how do we respond?  Do our tails wag?  Do we shower Him with kisses?

So I guess my eyes are a little more opened tonight.  Love has always been a tough subject for me, but tonight a little clearer.  How much do I love these little guys?  A whole lot.  How much MORE does God love me?

No comments: